The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing the prospect (lead and opportunity) base at Sensory Technologies. The BDM works to foster relationships and uncover sales opportunities among targeted prospective clients, and network partners including building specifiers, furniture dealers, interior designers, architects, project management organizations and others. This is expected to have direct, positive impact regarding our key market growth, vertical penetration, and geographic expansion initiatives.
- Position Sensory Technologies as the leader in collaborative and managed services solutions in targeted markets.
- Create relationships with decision makers, influencers, partners, consultants, and end users who will provide a consistent pipeline of opportunities for our solutions.
- Become an active participant/leader within organizations that connect us with industry decision makers in order to establish ST as a relevant and important contributor to the business community as a whole.
- Create exclusive partner referral relationships.
- Leverage developed relationships to open the door to targeted prospective clients.
- Establish strategy to penetrate BU/LOB leads within targeted prospects, ie. Marketing VP or HR Training VP.
- 40 new appointments with qualified prospective clients and qualified networking channels (details listed below):
- Prospective Clients: Develop relationships, identify the “why” & Buyer’s Journey process, position for success with BDO/BDM.
- Networking Channels: Business Leaders, Architects, Interior Designers, Construction, Commercial Real Estate, Property Management, Furniture Dealers, Manufacturer partners and Technology Companies
- Develop business plan, territory analysis and strategy for the primary markets
- Develop leads into opportunities to close on a monthly basis
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Candidates with experience selling managed services or cloud based service solutions strongly preferred
- Business-to-business high call prospecting sales experience is required, preferably in a technical consultative sales capacity
- Experience selling high end products (average sale ranges from $50k to $2mm)
- Experience selling “value” for products and intangible services highly preferred
- Must have demonstrated ability of achieving year-to-year sales goals utilizing a structured sales system. Formal sales training highly desired
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, are required
- Must be computer literate (MS Office suite) understand sales reporting, tracking and reporting of critical data, and familiar with maintaining a sales contact data base
Director of Business Development
Sensory Technologies’ exists to help companies increase productivity, collaboration and communication effectiveness. Our partners depend upon their teams uniting to execute projects that support the company’s goals and vision, whether those teams sit together in one boardroom or, just as likely, in multiple locations across the globe.
It is the goal of Sensory Technologies to accomplish this goal through the development and implementation of collaboration technology, superior customer support and strong partner relationships.
Ensure timely and efficient delivery of products and services that result in Client Satisfaction and repeat business. Ensure client retention through Flawless Execution, utilizing a consistent delivery method and adherence to Sensory’s Quality Assurance Process. Increase profitability by creating efficiencies in the delivery process. Ensure Continuous Improvement by embracing feedback among individuals and teams. Demonstrate 100% Responsibility.
Syracuse, NY office