With automation, data and digital experiences touching all aspects of a company’s operations, there’s been a significant shift in the use of outsourcing to third parties as a way to keep up. According to a recent study, for example, organizations outsourced IT functions at the highest rate (11.9%) in recent history – using third-parties to take on a larger portion of IT needs so they can focus on their mission.
While IT outsourcing has been common for some time, another significant outsourcing trend has been developing: More organizations are turning to managed services for AV integration as a way to gain a competitive edge in marketing, communications and other key areas.
A recent study revealed that 81% of survey respondents used third-party companies for at least one managed service. Multimedia production was the most outsourced managed service, with 52% of associations reporting that they had used it, according to the study by SmithBucklin, an association management and services company.
When focusing on developing an effective multimedia infrastructure, there are numerous ways a third-party managed service can work to your advantage. Here are 6 reasons to consider outsourcing to an Audio Visual and Integrated Experiences (AVIXA) provider:
- Increase profitability. By hiring a third-party AVIXA provider, you’re able to tackle one of the most pressing challenges facing many corporations today – figuring out how to promote engagement and collaboration, whether it’s your employees or your prospective customers. Many companies are tapping into AV experiences to address those challenges.
However, managing an AV system in-house can get costly quickly, especially when you factor in staffing costs. By leveraging the skills and expertise of a third-party team, you can gain significant savings on the salaries and benefits that come with hiring a part-time or full-time staff. You will know upfront the management and maintenance fees of a third-party AVIXA provider, and pay only for what you need.
- Best-in-class cloud services. Another area that can lead to significant cost-savings is the use of cloud services to minimize the need for corporate travel. With best-in-cloud services that provide a smooth videoconferencing and virtual collaboration experience, companies can maintain the level of engagement without footing the bill for travel expenses as well as the employee’s lack of productivity while in transit.
Further, digital signage – which is offered through AVIXA companies’ managed services – engages external and internal audiences and helps companies achieve their HR, communications and marketing objectives.
- Free you up to focus on core competencies. A third-party team that specializes in the AV industry also will be more equipped to seek out innovations that can help you reach your company’s objectives. “By keeping your team focused on your core competencies — your critical mission, you won’t have the diversions that come with understanding and keeping up with the latest industry trends and processes in another industry,” said Andrew Sellers, principal at Sensory Technologies.
“By allowing professional AVIXA integration companies to manage their services, our clients can improve their bottom line and remain focused on their core business rather than getting tied up in communication logistics and inefficiencies,” he added.
Also, a third-party team will have the capacity to send technicians to focus on each event that your company is hosting – even if it’s on the same day. An in-house team may not be able to easily navigate and manage simultaneous events at different locations.
- Consistently refresh aging technology. Another consideration that makes third-party providers an attractive option is the opportunity to use up-to-date equipment. Again, as specialists in the AVIXA industry, a qualified third-party provider will ensure that you have the latest, most effective equipment for your needs. In many cases, in-house providers have a limited collection of equipment.
- Provide up-to-date expertise. Along with understanding the latest innovations and equipment in the industry and how it can impact your bottom line, third-party AV companies also apply a set of standards based on experience levels. More than likely, their technicians will be certified in their industries and can offer dedicated support and service.
- Embrace flexible budgeting. With an increasing number of companies specializing in the growing AVIXA industry, you will have the advantage of selecting a partner that meets the requirements of your event. Again, you gain cost-savings by using a third-party team only when you require additional services. After identifying a preferred provider, you also can negotiate rates for covering your meetings and events for an extended period. Traditionally, the largest expense from third-party managers is labor – another area that can be negotiated to stay in line with your budget.
A Mutually Beneficial Relationship
By establishing a partnership with an AVIXA company, your team can benefit from improved services and better prices for future projects. Planning and managing an event, whether it’s a small meeting or large conference, can result in logistical complications.
Third-party companies can minimize those complications, while giving you the tools to reach your company objectives and increase your profitability. With the demand for more cutting-edge methods of communicating in the digital age, companies will find that an AVIXA partner can help them solve critical challenges, Sellers said. “I can’t imagine how in-house teams can compete with the quality or support provided by our certified 24/7/365 Client Solution Center.”