Installation Technician | Operations
Field Installation: The primary responsibility of the Installation technician is to work with the Lead Installer and Sub Contractors to complete all necessary implementation steps that would prepare a system for final commissioning. This would include, but not be limited to, cable pulling, physical infrastructure, and cable termination; may also include the independent completion of smaller installations.
Quality Assurance: It is the responsibility of the Installation Technician to ensure that all aspects of Sensory’s Quality Assurance standards are adhered to throughout the implementation process. They will work with the Lead Technician to capture all of the data necessary for creating room systems within CRM. They will also work with the Lead technician to complete any onsite orientation or training that may be required by the sub-contractors for the completion of daily tasks.
Customer Relations: Many times the implementation team is the face of Sensory for the client. It is the responsibility of the Installation Technician to ensure that a positive relationship is maintained with the client throughout the implementation process.
An Installation Technician is ultimately responsible for achieving superior customer satisfaction as it pertains to the Implementation department by ensuring that the highest standards are applied to all aspects of system Implementation. They will work closely with the Implementation team to ensure that systems are completed to the specified design of the engineer in
compliance with Sensory’s Quality Assurance standards and in a timely manner.
Skill Set: Excellent written, verbal communication and presentational skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience. Displays excellent customer service skills in a fast-paced environment. Works easily as a member of a team or independently, prioritizing workflow based on urgency and customer knowledge. Must exhibit a desire to learn and a willingness to be taught. Experience pulling cable, terminating audio connectors, video connectors, and networking cables is a must. Self-motivated and self- managed towards objectives and works under pressure, maintaining a professional, positive attitude.
Preferred Experience: Formal education in Electronics or related field or experience with Audio Visual or other electro-mechanical installation. Preference is given to those with InfoComm CTS, Crestron, AMX, Biamp, Extron, formal Customer Service training and others.
Hardware: Laptop and mobile phone. Other hardware needs will vary.
Reports to: Implementation Supervisor
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm, hours may vary as job requires, must be occasionally available on-call
Compensation: Hourly, 40+ hours per week, Occasional overnight travel may be required
High Quality System Installation (70%)
- 15%: Prepare and gather project installation parts and prepare equipment for delivery
- 15%: Completion of enclosure builds (racks, lecterns, etc…)
- 20%: Install hardware, mounting hardware and system cabling
- 20% Cable termination Documentation and Communication (20%)
- 10%: Communicate with Lead Installer, Field Engineer, and Project Manager for progress updates and daily goals.
- 10%: Complete necessary Quality Assurance and AValytics documentation to be reviewed at project completion
Self and staff improvement (10%)
- 10%: Seek out and take advantage of all available training opportunities
Key Performance Indicators:
- Consistent on time arrival to jobsites (ADP)
- 7 PSNI or higher client rating (Based on PSNI survey results)
- Zero negative feedback on PSNI surveys
- 100% achievement of tasks as indicated by the Daily Work Breakdowns
- 100% Development and completion of continuous improvement goals
- 100% Accurate completion of necessary Quality Assurance documentation
- 100% Accurate completion of necessary AValytics documentation
- Monthly and yearly department goals as assigned by Implementation Supervisor
firstname.lastname@example.org | 800.488.4336